8.12.2009

Mother Teresa Had It Down

From the fear of being forgotten,
From the fear of being wronged,
From the fear of being ridiculed,
From the fear of being suspected,
That others may be loved more than I,
JESUS, GRANT ME THE GRACE TO DESIRE IT
That others may be esteemed more than I,
That in the opinion of the world, others may
increase and I may decrease,
That others may be chosen and I set aside,
That others may be praised and I unnoticed,
That others may be preferred to me in
everything,
That others may become holier than I,
provided that I may become as holy as
I should,
Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the
world, spare us. O Lord.
Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the
world, graciously hear us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the
world, have mercy on us, O Lord.

1 comment: