8.09.2009

A view from my apartment balcony after a chaotic storm. We lost power for about 2 or 3 hours and I was forced to read some Calvin and Hobbes. SHUCKS, haha. What a great parallel to how God sees us through life's storms. Its funny how self sufficient I think I am, like making my pizza for dinner, or rewrapping my wounds from a bike crash when in reality so many things I do are hinged to things that are greatly out of my control. The energy I have or my heartbeat, or even the fact that I don't have any serious health problems are greatly undeserved blessings from God. How can I pay God back for that? I can't haha. What I can do is believe in Him who gave me these things.

1 comment:

  1. 2-3 hours, thats a nice break from electricity. I didnt think that it would be that long. Good reminder about the heartbeat... things that are gifts from God, not of our doing- he chooses to continue our lives for whatever reason... which makes the goal to live for him all the more crucial. I actually listened to my heartbeat last night thinking: such a fragile sound, it keeps on going- it will not stop until I am dead, it will not stop until God tells it to cease beating... we have no control over THAT!

    ReplyDelete